Tuesday, 17 July 2012 00:51
Read : 189 times
Today the folks from T-Mobile have confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.3-inch phone tablet hybrid will be gracing their networks in the coming weeks. T-Mobile actually confirmed this earlier today with a post on Twitter, but now have officially released the full statement and press release. We didn’t learn much, but you can rule out an upgraded processor.
Being so late to the game many thought T-Mobile might release the Galaxy Note with an upgraded 1.5 GHz Qualcomm S4 processor that powers the Galaxy S III and the HTC One X, but that isn’t the case. We can confirm the same older 1.5 Ghz Qualcomm S3 dual-core processor as the AT&T model is under the hood. There is good news however.
T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy Note will indeed launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at launch, and it will also include the brand new and impressive S-pen features provided in the premium suite that accompanied the recent update to Android 4.0 ICS. That isn’t all either. Since T-Mobile is late to the game with this device, they’ll also be offering what they are calling the “T-Mobile 4G Pro App Pack” that contains Dropbox, Evernote, Square, TripIt, and LinkedIn for all those business users. Here’s a quick comparison to T-Mobile’s flagship Galaxy S III.
Sadly T-Mobile still hasn’t stated an official release date and their press release only reads “available in the coming weeks.” We’ve been hearing August 8th from tips so for now we’ll stick to that date. Who’s looking forward to the Galaxy Note on T-Mobile, or will you wait it out for the rumored Galaxy Note 2?
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note spotted in the wild running ICS
- Samsung Galaxy S III vs Galaxy Note hands-on
- Release dates for T-Mobile's Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note rumored
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tipped with 5.5-inch screen
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note clears the FCC, demo units arrive at stores
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note press image leaks - hitting stores July 11
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Premium Suite and Ice Cream Sandwich hands-on
- T-Mobile confirms Samsung Galaxy Note is coming soon